Location: Santa Clara, CA
If you enjoy Automating things, working with Cloud, Edge Computing and sensors, then we have the perfect role for you!
With more than 117 years of technology innovation, a global team of 100,000, and 64,000+ technology patents, NEC is in the business of providing solutions that focus on safety, security, operational efficiency - enabling people to live brighter, more enriched lives. We call this orchestrating a brighter world.
NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies, Inc. (“NECECT”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation. The company develops and supports a wide range of solutions, including Unified Communications, Software-defined networking, Video Analytics and IoT.
We are looking for an analytically minded, experienced Cloud and Edge Automation Engineer willing to work and innovate with the vigor of a fast growing business unit. As a Cloud and Edge Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for engineering Cloud service and Edge automation for our cloud solutions to meet the business and application requirements.
- Engineer Cloud service and Edge automation, which includes, but is not limited to the following components:
- Automated Continuous Delivery
- Operations Infrastructure
- Specific services such as Logging, Monitoring, and Messaging delivered in an “as-a-service” model
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions
We need you if you are:
- Familiarity with cloud automation and orchestration technologies such as Chef, Bosh, Selenium, Jasmine, Protector, Piston, etc
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in software development, service engineering or cloud/online service operations
- Possess the ability and willingness to participate in an on-call rotation in support of our highly available production environment
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years experience engineering cloud/online services at massive scale, including large scale SQL/NoSQL services
- Are an experienced devops practitioner with hands on experience delivering continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Demonstrate excellent scripting skills that can be applied in live service environments (Ruby, Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Used to using cloud resource provisioning tools and systems
- Have strong communication, and time management skills as well as strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experienced working in an Agile development environment
- Comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving
- Have the ability to lead a team of engineers to deliver a cohesive solution
You will also need excellent English written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills; and the ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role with ability to train and disseminate information to other team members as an senior level software architect including virtual team members.
Ability to display strength working closely with other team members, managers and clients is a key element of this position. In-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s) and in-depth technical knowledge in at least one area of specialization/solution.
Able to work effectively, collaboratively, and add value & leadership as a team member for the team. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to train and disseminate technical and competitive information within area of expertise. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
Computer and/or Technical Skills: Leading-edge technical knowledge and consultative skills above reproach, with in-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s).
Work Environment and Physical Demands -
General Work Environment: Office
Standing/Lifting: 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any:
No supervisory responsibility.
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities