Co-Op (Engineering Major - Junior)
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About this role:
This student Co-Op will be a member of team that is responsible for the development of Java web service along with UI web applications for UPS.com. The Co-op will perform duties and tasks to support full systems life cycle management/Agile (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She will perform tasks within planned durations and established deadlines. The Co-op will collaborate with teams to ensure effective communication and to support the achievement of objectives. He/She will also provide development, maintenance, and support for applications.
The Co-op should have good analytical and technical skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills. He/she should be able to work independently with little guidance and must be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn.
Must be able to work 15 - 20 hours per week while school is in session. Potentially work 40 hours per week when school is not in session.
- Academic or real-world experience with Unix Fundamentals and Java Programming
- Familiarity with XML, Object Oriented Analysis & Design and Web Development Technologies
- Position requires good communication skills
- Good analytical & technical skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Individual must be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Knowledge of SQL, JSON and Java Server Pages is considered a plus
- The desired Co-Op will be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program pursuing a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or related discipline, or has graduated from a degreed college/university program within the last 24 months with a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or related discipline.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law