Cognos Administrator Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Senior Cognos Administrator resource in the Charlotte, NC area to support environment 9076 EBIT Cognos. Upgrade and expand the current Hardware Configuration of Cognos software components for a distributed large environment.
- Performance tuning, knowledge of SDK, CQM/DQM, Dynamic Cubes, Dynamic Query Analyzer and Transformer Cube builds.
- Debug Issues and provide quick solutions for report issues and environment issues.
- Linux OS 6 or later experience and experience in setting up Apache webservers with SSO (site minder/ping).
- The Cognos administrator role will support the Enterprise Business Intelligence Technology Cognos Operations environment.
- This position will provide Cognos platform administration for a mixed Linux and Windows multi-server deployment architecture.
- This position will be responsible for Cognos platform administration tasks and providing production and operational systems support to internal bank clients and stakeholders.
- This position includes platform support, application configuration, monitoring, capacity and utilization optimization, application security, archiving, backups, disaster recovery, end user support, training and documentation.
- Applicant needs to follow corporate, bank, and regulatory policies while adhering to industry best practices.
- 5 - 7 years Cognos experience in an enterprise environment.
- Senior Cognos administrator experience including technical support; troubleshooting report design; monitoring system usage.
- Deployment of Cognos in a clustered environment and performing upgrades required.
- Implement and document best practices for a Cognos Environment.
- Experience in Linux based operating system environment and well versed in Linux OS commands.
- Implementation of proactive Cognos environment health checks. Cognos user groups, security, and user entitlement administration. Needs to be able to perform performance monitoring, capacity planning, and tuning for multiple groups within the environment.
- Experience with Cognos User LDAP/Active Directory Integration/Synchronization preferred.
- Must be able to assist developers and troubleshoot Cognos reports, dashboards, and the environment.
- Ability to provide 24 by 7 production support for Cognos in an on-call rotation with excellent communication skills required. Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.