General Description of Position:
Responsible for the design, commissioning and management expertise in Data Center / POPs / Co-locations / Remote Mission Critical Facilities. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as; electrical generation AC/DC, electrical distribution AC/DC, cooling technologies and fire protection systems.
We are open to hiring the right talent in the South East region - Peachtree Corners, GA, Conyers/ Covington, GA, Jacksonville, FL, Bluffton/ Hilton Head Island, SC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Critical Facilities / Data Centers / POPS /Co-location experience a huge MUST
- Manage and lead the engineering and design of facility and building systems for Data Centers and other Critical Facilities Projects
- Oversee all phases of project management/ project delivery: design, quality control, staffing, budget management while following Industry Best Practices.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the Telecommunications industry, which are incorporated into overall project execution. Interface with internal and external customers to define project requirements. Oversee the establishment of project work plan(s) and deadlines.
- Client Interface on projects; Manage customer relationship/ expectations with effective face to face, phone, and email communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects; Champion design reports; Produce engineering proposals (RFPs); Facilitate client meetings/ presentations that meet the project's objectives.
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets.
- Generate reports, track project costs, financial forecasts as related to project status
- Monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget.
- Manage project team by providing direction, monitoring effectiveness and providing leadership.
- Work closely with other functional areas of the organization, project contractors, internal/ external team members, customers, and suppliers.
- Understand/ follow company policies and procedures
- Follow company strategy for market penetration
- Ability to manage a team of engineers and technical staff
- Negotiate colocation contracts, produce detailed facility drawings including bay elevations with power and developing and controlling Hargray’s facility access policy
- Respond to facility emergencies.
- Develop and maintain Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining a playbook for new market entry and document all the processes.
- Escalate issues to management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 to 7 Years' experience managing Critical Facilities / Data Centers / POPS / Co-location Design Projects. Familiar with the design process of building systems for data center and mission-critical projects required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or demonstrated work experience
- Experience managing telecommunication engineering projects
- Strong knowledge of electrical and cooling systems that meet reliability standards
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as lead small, directed projects.
- Client relationship / Client Management / Client Engagement / Business Development - creating RFPs
- Effective Communicator- emails, phone, meetings. Strong organizational, communication, problem- solving and reporting skills.
- Computer savvy / Microsoft Project, Excel. Ability to create complex reports, forecast modeling.
- Strong documentation, technical writing and communication skills as a department representative
- P.E. License
- BICSI certification(s) a plus
- LEED certification(s) a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Data center accreditation knowledge; HIPAA/PCI DSS/ SSAE 16/SOC a plus