LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
Serve two key functions for the Public Affairs External and Employee Affairs teams by providing communications support and high-level administrative support. This individual is the glue that holds the department together, and as such must be efficient and comfortable operating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, has an upbeat attitude, can multi-task, maintain schedules, develop reports and presentations, prepare correspondence, manage calls, provide all around superior administrative support, and has strong writing skills and is skilled at proofreading. The selected individual must be able to build strong relationships, be professional, polite and attentive while also being accurate. Additionally, the successful candidate must maintain polite and professional communication via phone, email, mail and face-to-face interactions.Roles & Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the team's administrative needs including handling office tasks, filing, generating reports and presentations, greeting visitors, etc.
- Serve as the team expert for SAP, train/support the team on SAP activities, setting up vendors in the system, processing and tracking all invoices and purchase orders, providing troubleshooting assistance, etc.
- Maintain and manage external and employee communications leadership calendars
- Coordinate internal and external meetings and conferences, including travel, hotel, food service
- Provide logistics support for meetings, media events, strategic communications campaigns, and crisis situations
- Develop meeting agendas, provide meeting minutes/summary reports, etc.
- Coordinate onboarding activities for new personnel including the development of onboarding materials and securing all relevant materials (e.g. office/cube, office phone, computer, cell phone, badges, schedule meet and greets, etc.)
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, check inventory supplies and order necessary materials, as well as coordinate shipping
- Update process documents as needed
- Answer incoming calls and take messages for leaders as needed
- Organize and maintain file systems, as well as document retention
- Develop the daily media clips report
- Develop summary reports associated with industry incidents
- Track and document LyondellBasell media coverage, as well as identify and analyze media story trends
- Work in coordination with employee and external communications teams to write stories and develop content for use on internal, external and social media channels
- Manage the restructuring of the department's SharePoint site
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Assist with logistics for incident and crisis response situations where needed
The Communications Coordinator must be proactive, responsive and a task master - delivering assigned tasks with flawless execution. At times, this individual may be asked to step in to assist with other tasks that might include publishing content on Goal Zero TV or social media, etc. Attention to detail, ability to work well under pressure, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to adapt to any situation are essential for this role.Min. Qualifications
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office / Office 365 with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel. The ideal candidate will also have proficiency with Microsoft Teams
- Proficiency in SAP
- Ability to analyse and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Ability to learn quickly
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to handle a high volume of diverse workload, and proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment
- Ability to speak and work with people at all levels of the organization
- Anticipates and proactively addresses needs
- Ability to manage projects
- Experience tracking and documenting media coverage, and analysing media story trends
- Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality
- Professional, reliable, flexible and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Excels at being a proactive team player
Bachelor's Degree required
3-5 years relevant work experience, communications experience is a plus
Advanced Microsoft Office / Microsoft 365 skills
Chemical industry or similar experience is preferredCompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston