Duration: Contract through end of 2020 – Will be re-evaluated then for extension or conversion
Location: Owings Mills, MD 21117
Interview Mode: Phone, then In-Person
Pay Rate / Benefits
- Negotiable Hourly W2 Rate (OT eligible)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; Life Insurance, Disability, Discretionary 401K
- No Paid Time Off (PTO), which includes Holidays
Purpose of Position / About the Team
- Will be joining a team of 17 Project Managers who manage Corporate Communications. The company is entering a large new market, Medicare, and the team requires additional support.
- This role would support the company’s communication consultant, implementing the strategy for this new endeavor.
- The communications are wide ranging, from print materials, website, text – all channels.
Role Overview / Scope of Work
- Will work with Strategic Marketing and Marketing Communications to develop timelines that work within strategic communication materials, managing the creation and tracking of various creative material work plans.
- Will work with internal clients including Marketing, Legal, Contracting and Compliance, Sales and the Strategic Business Units to help develop creative timelines and formulate work and project plans delivering creative solutions to meet client needs.
- Responsible for representing the department with company management and tracking all necessary creative marketing communications, including brochures, letters, sales flashes, inserts, trade show materials, and promotional materials, as well as web, social and email.
- 55% Project Management
- Manage all phases of the communication project life cycle process, which includes monitoring progress, serving as resource to divisional management regarding the project, preparing documentation for appropriate management and various committees, preparing staff updates as required for various committees and various levels of management. Manage project work for initiatives with scope crossing multiple segments and products (task, sequencing, milestones, risk, and contingencies) to ensure that the creative communication project is launched on time and within time constraints. Review detailed plans to ensure that the implementation meets defined expectations and are in accordance with overall goals.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales and external customers to communicate activities related to various audiences, including members, accounts and brokers. Acts as the point of contact between the client base to ensure all communications provided are thorough, accurate and timely.
- Acts as liaison across multiple areas to ensure effective and efficient goals, scope, progress and completion of projects. Work with the Strategic Communications Manager to coordinate issues throughout the company, and externally when necessary, to promote accurately represented information.
- Manages all submissions to graphics and the digital design team to ensure timelines are met, changes are made accurately, and that the submission request is clear regarding copy, branding and overall look and feel of materials. Make sure all changes are completed and accurate.
- Interact with all levels of Marketing Communications, internal and external clients, and company support services (Legal, Operations, etc.). Respond quickly to accurately incorporate comments and requested changes. Provide updates to Marketing leadership as required.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, research collateral distribution and ensure delivery of materials and establish effective timelines
- Develop SOPs as needed for materials and projects related to creative design development and execution; maintain history of materials including dates and reasons materials were modified or removed from distribution.
- Candidate must have the ability to bring a a strong detailed oriented perspective to managing creative design projects for digital, online, social, print and other creative media.
- 35% Timeline Specialist
- Think logically and strategically to advance the effectiveness of various communications vehicles in delivering and reinforcing company messages.
- Collaborate with, oversee, implement and adhere to brand style guide and consistencies in writing style.
- Effectively review the creative requests to ensure that they are written and edited clearly, and that the requests comply with creative design standards and brand standards.
- Support Creative Design Manager in corporate-wide initiatives, including attending project meetings, providing strategic insight, presenting overview of initiatives to other associates and ensuring all commitments are met.
- Understand various communication channels and how best to use design to communicate through each channel (email, print, etc.).
- Develop ways to evaluate effectiveness of all creative with metrics and reporting to management.
- Initiate ideas to enhance creative for the marketing of any of our products, membership or insurance services.
- Take the initiative to keep abreast of pertinent industry trends and competitors.
- 10% Project Management Leadership
- Provide direction and motivation to multi-disciplinary team. Work with team to set priorities and ensure proper communication across divisions. Troubleshoot problems and resolve issues for the creative team
- Supervisory Responsibility
- This position has no supervision over others, however, may coordinate a project team of 5-10 associates depending on the project.