Join one of the top Accredited Compounding Pharmacy companies in Jacksonville, FL as a Compounding Lab Technician. Our client offers fast, quality service in workers compensation, auto injury, and personal injury claims. This is a fully on-site position.
As a Compounding Lab Technician, you are responsible for working with pharmacy staff to make compounds requested under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday 6-2:30 PM or 8-4:30 PM
Contract Period: This is a 13 week contact to hire position
Pay: $16-17/hour, depending on experience
Location: Jacksonville, FL 32224
The ideal candidate:
- Interpret prescription orders to make correct compound
- Using PK software, weigh and record the API’s included in the formula and then combine the API’s into the appropriate dosage form as requested by the prescription
- Use and document all lab equipment used properly
- Count and fill prescriptions, log in PK software, and have them ready for pharmacist to check
- Regularly check for expired drugs and compounds and use proper procedures to discard as needed.
- Maintain all required paperwork, daily cleaning logs etc.
- Calibrate and clean all equipment and notate when done.
- Follow all safety and USP guidelines for the preparation of compounded medications
- Assist pharmacists and team leads as needed.
- Adhere to OSHA and company health and safety compliance procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Excellent organizational and math skills.
- Ability to maintain a strong work ethic and be efficient in their work.
- Must be capable of working with equipment to complete compounds in a timely manner
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude.
- Must be able to work in a teamwork oriented working environment.
- Ability to learn and complete new tasks and follow directions of others.
- Must have knowledge of basic principle, theories and laws, policies and procedures that pertain to compounding operations.
This position offers:
- Top-notch benefits including multiple medical plan options, dental, vision, and 401k eligible
- An excellent pay structure and highly competitive wages. The opportunity to get a monthly bonus after conversion as a full-time employee
- The opportunity to convert from contract to permanent after 13 weeks
- A positive company culture and room to grow!
- High School degree or GED is REQUIRED
- Registered with the Florida Board of Pharmacy REQUIRED
- Current CPhT license preferred
- Background check and drug test REQUIRED
If you are the ideal candidate for Onboarding Specialist, apply today!
Since we opened our doors in 1994, CSI has become one of the most trusted staffing companies in the industry. Our clients and candidates have rated CSI among the “Best of Staffing” year after year.
In 2010, we became a part of Recruit Global Staffing, now RGF Staffing, active in Asia, Europe, North America and Oceania. RGF Staffing, a part of Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd, ranks as one of the largest staffing companies in the world with sister companies like Indeed and Glassdoor. Today, we remain one of the fastest-growing recruiting firms in the nation.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus as well as work on a computer for extended periods of time. The employee must be able to communicate verbally with doctors, customers, vendors and employees on the phone or in person. Employees will be required to travel for sales calls.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Client management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.