Defensive Cyberspace Operations Instructor | DCO
Security Clearance required: TS/SCI CI Poly
US Citizenship Required
Location: Pensacola, FL
Position Summary: Epsilon, Inc. has immediate openings for professional Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) Instructor to support the Joint Cyber Analysis Course (JCAC) IN Pensacola, FL. The DCO Instructor will be responsible for developing, planning and performing DCO instruction in a classroom and hands-on environment. The primary emphasis of this position is to develop skilled military professionals within the highly competitive CNO field.
- Deliver highly technical training in a military training environment, consisting of lectures, labs, exercises and other delivery methods
- Provide classroom instruction that teaches assigned students in the manner described in the course Program of Instruction.
- Conduct practical exercises in a laboratory environment, conduct student study hall periods and provide tutoring/remedial instruction for up to twenty students per class.
- Assess student knowledge, skills and abilities to gauge student proficiency in topic area.
- Deliver instruction via interactive synchronous and asynchronous learning activities.
- Research new training techniques to enhance existing training programs
- Develop, plan, and implement training programs for Networking curriculum, as well as review and analyze current training materials and recommend changes.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- At least 3-5years' recent hands on, technical experience as a Computer Network Defense Analyst / Defensive Cyberspace Analyst preferably in a Cyberspace Operations (CO) Environment
- Must have experience with the following:
- Experience with one or more of the following: DCO, OCO, CND, CNE, CNO
- IDS, IPS, HIDS, NIDS, Firewalls/firewall Rules, Snort, Security Onion.
- Knowledge/Understanding of the steps involved with the RMF process.
- Experience with or knowledge of Network infrastructure, routing, TCP/IP protocols
- Understanding of both Windows and Linux
- Has strong inter-personal and communication skills: capable of training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal groups. Able to write intricate system and user documentation.
- Must possess the ability to incorporate/impart technical knowledge into their training delivery
- Independent problem solving; self-directed, self-starting.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work in a team environment and the ability to work independently while prioritizing and supporting multiple tasks.
- Must have hands on experience with the following Defensive Cyber Operations Technologies:
- Encryption technologies
- Experience managing IDS/IPS is a plus
- Active vs. Passive
- Analysis tools
- Snort: Can write snort signatures and recognize snort triggers
- Exploitation Techniques and Recognition in Packet Captures
- Use Wireshark to recognize exploits against commonly exploited ports and common exploit signatures (KAHT, lsass, SADMIN)
- Social engineering
- Knowledge of phishing techniques, road apple, drive-by downloads
- Experience managing firewalls
- Knowledge of topologies
- Knowledge of how a firewall works
- Encryption technologies
- Additional experience, educational, or certification recommendations beyond those listed above:
- Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is desired
- Prior military experience is desired
- Experience in adult learning with emphasis on providing CNO instruction to large classes. OR U.S. Military instructor experience is highly desirable (e.g., Master Training Specialist designators or formalized Basic Instructor Indoctrination courses).
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.