ASM Research in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA) is currently looking for a junior system engineer to provide tier 3 technical support across a multi-disciplined, large enterprise IT service contract remediating vulnerabilities.
- Work with facility owners to configure and deploy computers using SCCM OSD.
- Transfer user profiles from current PC to new PC.
- Add and remove PC's from inventory.
- Assist in providing technical inputs to various system engineering processes including PKI, two factor authentication, Security information and event management
- Assist in developing and implementing installation plans.
- Contribute and support teams in developing application and technical plans
- Identifies requirements and deficiencies in hardware and software products.
- Reviews current systems and makes technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Stays up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Evaluates new hardware and software technologies.
- Function collaboratively as part of a large 400+ person team in a fast-paced, customer oriented environment.
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related discipline
- Associates Degree in related field and 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for Bachelors
- 2-4 years of network engineering support and\or systems engineering support experience in large enterprise systems desired
- Exceptional reliability specific to attendance and timeliness required
- Superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to capture clear and concise notes
- Excellent organizational and time/task management skills are required.
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision. Good at managing and prioritizing and multitasking for himself/herself.
- Hands-on experience in hardware/software repair/ troubleshooting Windows hosting environment.
- A polished, professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be US citizens and will be required to undergo a background investigation in order to be granted access to classified information.
- The work schedule for this position varies based on client project schedules and requires periodic overnight travel. The position typically works 40 hours per week with 10-50%+ of hours outside normal business hours. Travel 10-30%.
- Normal business hours are 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- Must be able to pass Public Trust clearance
Desired but not required for the position
- Experience with
- Service Now (Ticketing System)
- IBM Endpoint Manager Web Reporting
- Information Security Role-Based Training
- SCCM OSD
US Citizenship Required