Title : Configuration Analyst
Location : Redondo Beach, CA
Duration : 6 months (Right to hire)
Active Top Secret w/SCI Security Clearance Required:
- Program Configuration Data Management (CDM) representative will oversee and manage Spacecraft and/or Payload Systems Engineering CDM activities as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT).
- Serves as liaison between project CDM, Program Office, Customers, Engineering IPTs, Line Management, Integration / Test and Flight on-orbit operations.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform Systems Engineering Configuration Data Management (CDM) activities as part of a program team. General CDM industry principles for program execution
- Configuration Management Planning / Sustainment
- Support the development/maintenance of a program CM Plan and associated CM operating procedures.
- Interface with our customer, suppliers & various internal spacecraft Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to develop/maintain core CM principals/processes
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Configuration Identification
- Implement & enforce spacecraft/ground support hardware identification as well as traceability requirements from design to production through integration & test
- Change Control Management
- Participate in Technical Review & Configuration Control Boards by supporting cost/schedule assessments of Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) with program stakeholders
- Perform CM Program Release by reviewing & approving program data for adherence to CM policies & contractual mandates
- Configuration Status Accounting
- Track & maintain ECRs and Variances through their lifecycle from initiation, IPT assessments, Board disposition & design / hardware incorporation
- Develop metrics to assess the health of CM processes & report results/actions to various levels of leadership.
- Configuration Verification
- Verify approved changes are successfully adopted into technical baseline requirements as well as hardware products for in-house as well domestic/international suppliers
- Data Mgmt.
- Facilitate CDRL/SDRL process by coordinating with program stakeholder's deliverable schedules, 'look-ahead' reports & enforce customer on-time submission milestones.
- Develop & maintain CDRL/SDRL schedules, track CDRL/SDRL action / disposition & provide Disapproval Functional cause code metrics.
- Coordinate customer deliveries with Contracts
- Track CDRL/SDRL status using Enovia deliverable tool process
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 2 years of CDM experience OR
- Master's degree and 2 years of CDM experience