Our Client is looking for an experienced construction coordinator/manager to support their commercial/enterprise Coax/fiber build outs for metro E and SMB (Small to Medium Business) projects.
This coordinator/manager will be responsible for driving the successful delivery of construction. Projects will vary in size and cost.
They need to have office (20%) and field (80%) experience. Need to be client facing and computer literate. The position is moving more towards field work to perform quality control over the BP's (Business Partners) as they are having more admins join the team to take some of the office load off of the construction coordinators.
Day to day will be responding to requests in the 'Prince George's County and NOVA markets, performing site walks or working with preferred vendors to perform walks, Calculating Cost, Requesting funding with Scope of work from the preferred vendor, then overseeing vendors for various stages of the projection to track successful completion. They will need to be able to make sure that work is done properly and cost effectively. They will also attend weekly calls with Internal Coordinators, Client Project Managers, and Vendors to perform tracking and reporting/status updates.
This person needs to be motivated and have the ability to take initiative. They will have a strong support system and need to know when to escalate issues to higher managers. Also in charge of raising awareness around vendors performance. Tons of collaboration internally and externally.
Example of process:
1. Task is entered into P2 (Finance)
2. It is then assigned to a Construction Coordinator based off of geography
3. They will then provide a survey (Desktop) and validate
4. Request Design from BP (truenet)
5. They will then work with construction BP (typically walk it out with them) to create estimate
6. BP will provide scope and price
7. Construction Coordinator with approve of deny
8. It will officially then be assigned to BP for Fiber Construction and then Coax
9. Construction Takes Place
10. Then BP submits Asbuilt (This is the notification that QC team can go finalize job)
11. As-Build is then uploaded to Spatial By design
Fiber, Vendors, Construction, Excel, Tracking, Site walks, purchase orders, close outs, Quality assurance, Coaxial cable, Coax
Top Skills Details:
1. 4+ years of Commercial Fiber and Coax Construction experience.
2., Experience performing site walks, vendor interaction/management, delivering on milestones, Quality Assurance, and Project Tracking.
3. High engagement and ability to navigate excel/trackers to provide updates.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Motivated, Organized, Dedicated, Communicative.
This role will be about 80% field work (Vendor management, Quality Control, Site Walks, etc) and 20% office (tracking, reporting, designs, etc)
Entry Level - Mid Level - High Level
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.