Construction Project Manager I
The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for a Construction Project Manager I to join a fast-paced, process-driven team that executes and provides results to set our business up for success. As Construction Project Manager I, you will help navigate our new store and remodel pipelines, ensuring all projects are completed on time, on budget, and meet's the organization's standards. Your attention to detail balanced with your desire to maintain a constant workflow will be your keys to success as you outline and help develop projects from inception to implementation.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Develop relationships with General Contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, and manufacturers throughout the organization's national footprint and maintain those relationships to ensure project success.
Work with the Build Out Team to monitor and track all construction progress, changes, to projects, construction schedules, and approved construction budget for negotiated projects and change orders.
Review contract documents, plans, bids, and Scopes of Work for understanding of the jobs, consistency, and accuracy to ensure contractors are building stores per plan and scope and prepare reports regarding projects under construction.
Coordinator owners' vendor installations for Phone/Data/Security, Signs, and delivery of FF&E with other project managers and outside vendors.
Review and negotiate Change Orders, using your understanding of Unit Cost for Materials and Labor as it relates to construction costs, also breaking out lump sum pricing in general into detailed scopes of work with definite quantities ad units of measure and submitting to Construction Estimator for review/approval.
Manage and organize contract documents and addenda, and ensure all documents are properly archived.
Ensure warranty work on new projects and remodels is completed to TMX standards in a timely manner and meets applicable codes and ordinances.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or a related field
- Valid Driver's License
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial construction or a combination of commercial and residential construction in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to research construction costs as they relate to the CSI MasterFormat
- Familiarity of construction methods and materials as they relate to both new construction and tenant improvements/fit outs
- Understanding of trade responsibilities within the overall construction contract
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with construction contract law principles and terminology
- Ability to balance attention to detail with the need to maintain a constant workflow
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Knowledge of Division 2 through 16 CSI Master Format
- Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the office, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard.
- General Contractor License
- AutoCAD experience
- Experience with Adobe software products
- Experience with Service Channel and/or Fixbook
Learn More About Us
The Construction Project Manager I is a member of the Construction Team, part of the Location Development Group which brings our stores to life from idea to implementation! Through building and renovating techniques, this team creates the ultimate brand-specific experience for customers when they walk through our doors. This detail-oriented and process-driven team is able to deliver within tight timeframes using cost-effective measures that ultimately ensure a store's success. To learn more about this team, visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/location-development/
Check out what's happening in our Company at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.