The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of direct-report project managers and manages specific projects to ensure that goals or objectives of each project are accomplished within prescribed safety, schedule, and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Extensive travel is required.
- Manages direct-report project management personnel, each of whom supervises a total of 5-50 employees in the field.
- Supervises 1-3 administrative employees.
- Supports corporate safety plan with a commitment to a safe working environment.
- Reviews project proposals or plans to determine time-frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Reviews or establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of direct-report project management personnel to ensure that each project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by direct-report project management personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for Director of Operations and clients.
- Confers with direct-report project management personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Maintains the highest level of personal candor, integrity, and ethical business practices.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, ideally closer to 10 years of experience as a construction project manager.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university
- Prefer experience on federal construction projects
- Should have experience on projects ranging up to $40M in value
- Proficient with computer-based construction, scheduling and business programs, including BIM.
- A valid driver's license
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.