Directs and coordinates completion of Lean and Continuous Improvement engineering activities within area of assigned responsibility. Responsible for leading plant-wide and department level performance improvement initiatives that positively impact cost, quality, safety, material flow and productivity. This position is an entry professional who are willing and able to assist and drive CI culture through leadership, expertise and collaboration. This position will work with other departments to implement projects and lead initiatives to ensure changes are sustained.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Advance Integer's Manufacturing Excellence culture based on the Integer Production System and it's five system focus areas:
Strategy Alignment through Hoshin Planning, Sales, Inventory and Operations' Planning (SiOP)
and Value Stream Mapping
Leadership of Sustained Change through Production Monitoring & Improvement (PMIP)
activities and deployment of Leaders Standard Work
Standardization through Workplace Organization & Visual Controls, Manufacturing Standardized
Work and Manufacturing Associate Training and Certification
Associate Engagement through Standardized Problem Solving for Everyone, Behavior Based
Safety and Improvement Idea Systems
Systems & Process Optimization through principles of Built in Quality, Optimized Scheduling &
Material System Designs, Work Cell Design and Total Productive Maintenance.
- Maintain Continuous Improvement Team documentation and regular reporting to PLT and ELT.
- Perform data analyses as required.
- Assist CI Level 2 with their projects.
- Perform Time Study, Plant Lay-out.
- Work with other teams to identify, quantify and track cost reduction opportunities
- Participate in the development of production plans with representatives from other departments such as Manufacturing, Planning, Supply Chain and Customer Operations to ensure that manufacturing performance standards meet customer requirements.
- Assist operations in the implementation and maintenance of the Performance Measurement and Improvement Process (PMIP).
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: A Bachelor's degree, preferably in an engineering field (Industrial, Manufacturing, or Process). Equivalency may be considered for someone with a science degree along with solid lean experience.
- Experience: 1-3 years' experience working in a Lean/Continuous Improvement role.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Having a basic working knowledge of lean and six sigma tools (e.g.: Kanban, Cell design, Supermarket, SMED, VSM, 5S, Visual Management, Standard Work, Regression Analysis, Trend Analysis, ANOVA, Gage R&R,…, etc.)
- Evidence that you learn, retain and apply knowledge.
- Able to share examples of accumulated technical learnings and experiences that link directly to outlined expectations of this role.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and issues encountered in a Lean Culture change
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects
- An experienced eye for analyzing current and future states processes
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Self-driven to seek out Continuous Improvement opportunities
Proficient with Microsoft tools (e.g. Excel, Powerpoint) and AutoCAD