Directs and coordinates completion of Lean and Continuous Improvement engineering activities within area of assigned responsibility. Responsible for leading plant-wide and department level performance improvement initiatives that positively impact cost, quality, safety, material flow and productivity. This position is a seasoned professional with solid CI experience who can develop a CI culture through leadership, expertise and collaboration. This position will work with operations to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways and lead initiatives to ensure changes are sustained.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Advance Integer's Manufacturing Excellence culture based on the Integer Production System and it's five system focus areas:
- Strategy Alignment through Hoshin Planning, Sales, Inventory and Operations' Planning (SiOP) and Value Stream Mapping
- Leadership of Sustained Change through Production Monitoring & Improvement (PMIP) activities and deployment of Leaders Standard Work
- Standardization through Workplace Organization & Visual Controls, Manufacturing Standardized Work and Manufacturing Associate Training and Certification
- Associate Engagement through Standardized Problem Solving for Everyone, Behavior Based Safety and Improvement Idea Systems
- Systems & Process Optimization through principles of Built in Quality, Optimized Scheduling & Material System Designs, Work Cell Design and Total Productive Maintenance.
- Lead training on lean principles and concepts to ensure site employees have a solid working knowledge of how to apply them to achieve improvements in manufacturing and office transactional processes
- Provide facilitation, training, and leadership of cross-functional teams to conduct kaizen events and implement lean tool set (e.g. Cell Design, 5S, Standardized Work, SMED (Set-up reduction), Kanban, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Overall Efficiency (OE), Material and Information Flow)
- Train and coach plant personnel to independently conduct lean and CI activities
- Work with operations teams to identify, quantify and track cost reduction opportunities
- Facilitate and coach associates in the application of structured problem-solving techniques
- Works with plant leadership teams to define, develop and deploy best manufacturing practices across site.
- Participate in the development of production plans with representatives from other departments such as Manufacturing, Planning, Supply Chain and Customer Operations to ensure that manufacturing performance standards meet customer requirements.
- Assist and coach operations in the implementation and maintenance of the Performance Measurement and Improvement Process (PMIP).
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: A Bachelor's degree, preferably in an engineering field. Equivalency may be considered for someone with a science degree along with solid lean experience.
- Minimum Experience: 3 to 5 years' experience working in a Lean/Continuous Improvement role.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Special Skills:
- Evidence that you learn, retain and apply knowledge.
- Able to share examples of accumulated technical learnings and experiences that link directly to outlined expectations of this role.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and issues encountered in a Lean Culture change
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects
- An experienced eye for analyzing current and future states processes
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Self-driven to seek out Continuous Improvement opportunities