The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
As a Continuous Improvement Engineer your main responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Partner with Operations, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain and Maintenance teams to drive business results through continuous refinement of the production process and procedures.
- Culminate real time process data into concise and useful information that can quickly and reliably detect opportunities for improvement on the floor.
- Lead problem solving sessions with cross functional teams to determine the root cause of issues and develop corrective actions.
- Instill a culture of lean manufacturing on the production floor by leading 5S, Kaizen, Stable Ops, TPM autonomous and Planned maintenance routines, SMED, DMAIC projects and Reliability Excellence initiatives
- Responsible for tracking manufacturing impact on total product cost and identify potential project opportunities with qualitative and quantitative payback.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to ensure process changes and improvements are approved and document accordingly in the relevant standard operating procedure (SOP) and provide technical support
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Perform overall quality control of continuous improvement projects (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Troubleshoot equipment challenges and identify solutions, escalating where necessary
- Support and provide guidance/training within the maintenance team and cross functionally
- Any other duties as reasonably requested