Contract IT Business Analyst (W2)
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
We are currently looking for a contract IT Business Analyst to work in either our NYC, Bedford, MA, or Rockville, MD offices. Our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic. However, once our offices reopen later this year this position will need to work from one of these offices.
Please note: this is a temporary position expected to last about 1 year with possibility of extension.
As a contract IT Business Analyst, you will work with members of the MultiPlan business units to elicit, organize and document business requirements to ensure that the project team can develop solutions that meet the customer’s real needs; minimize requirement defects up front, establish and maintain agreement between the customer and project team on requirements for the project deliverables.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Conduct meetings with business stakeholders to actively solicit, analyze and negotiate customer requirements in order to ensure the project team can develop solutions that meet the customer’s real needs; minimize requirement defects up front, establish and maintain agreement between the customer and project team on requirements for the project deliverables.
2. Manage multiple priorities, customer expectations and relationships with all stakeholders including IST staff and business staff. Manage relationships with customers, project managers, and any/all levels of management.
3. Solicit input from developers and other technical staff to determine project scope and provide estimate of level of effort (person days required to complete project).
4. Work with project team to develop cost effective, customer focused solutions.
5. Conduct walkthroughs with applications development staff as handoff from analysis to development in life cycle.
6. Work with applications development staff during the technical design, programming and unit-testing and implementation stages.
7. Coordinate changes to functional specifications that occur during development and updates functional specifications as required.
8. Work independently on small, medium and large-sized projects with low to medium complexity.
9. Support customer in training efforts for end users and staff members.
10. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
11. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
12. Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
13. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
14. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.