We have a fast paced team that supports over 700 active IT vendors.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, critical thinker, self-starter with strong contracting background.
Top non-negotiable technical skills needed for a worker to hit the ground running:
- Demonstrated contracting experience (redlining contracts, negotiating terms) & IT experience (preferably w/ healthcare experience, so they understand importance of HIPAA and data/privacy)
- Desirable soft skills: Communication and collaboration skills will need to work w/ IT dept, Legal and IT vendors
- When we have interviewed in the past we had to pass on candidates that had IT procurement experience, but not contract negotiation experience. This is a must.
The Contract Specialist III is responsible for collaborating with the contracting team and supporting contracting activities for assigned vendors and categories. The incumbent will identify and lead efforts pertaining to cost reduction opportunities, coordinate efforts toward standardization and contract utilization, and collaborate with internal customers and vendors to promote and/or resolve key issues related to contract management.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates the ability to negotiate with vendors and internal customers to facilitate drafting of contracts under direction of a Contract Administrator
- Leads professional meetings and initiate communications involving internal customers and vendors in order to achieve desired contractual outcomes
- Develops positive relationships with IT and Finance leaders, including Accounts Payable and Finance Analysts and other CommonSpirit stakeholders to identify savings opportunities, optimize contract strategies, and reduce contract risk
- Manages assigned portfolio of contracts from selection to expiration (including, master agreements, and amendments)
- Ensures contract compliance with policies/procedures and applicable Federal, state, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards
- 6 years of experience in a contracting, supply chain, and/or strategic sourcing leadership position
- 2 years of experience in health care
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Technical writing and documentation
- Ability to understand how to apply products and solutions for solving business problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for information gathering and the ability to interact with various business and professional groups
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixes team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines
- Skills in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio
- Identification with and support of the Mission and Values of Dignity health and its Sponsors
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!