Novato OR Brisbane, CA
The Contracts Manager is responsible for reviewing and negotiating Procurement Contracts, Commercial Contracts, Clinical Contracts, Statements of Work, Change Orders, Amendments and CDAs/NDAs for US operations.
*Anticipated 3-month placement with potential to extend.
- Work with each department to review and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts and to review SOW/COs, acting as the Company's primary point of contact for the agreements assigned to you.
- Work closely with departments to process contract requests in a timely fashion.
- Negotiate collaboratively with counterparties.
- Coordinate negotiation escalation with Counsel.
- Support Contracts team with projects as assigned.
Required Core Competencies:
- Be able to work under pressure and handle a high volume of contracts.
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Possess a strong attention to detail, but not so strong that it impacts turn-around times.
- Be an excellent negotiator and persuasive.
- Be comfortable communicating with internal/external stakeholders.
- Have outstanding written communications skills (grammar, spelling, and business communication skills/etiquette).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- JD degree preferred a plus.
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a Contract Manager's or similar role in a corporate environment is required.
- Experience in either in-bound G&A contracting (IT, Finance, HR, and Facilities) or Clinical contracting (study support vendors and site agreements such as CTAs and ICFs) is required. Both are a plus.
- Knowledge of GCP a plus.