Industrial | WSI
Industrial | WSI
AZZ Specialty Welding (AZZ WSI LLC) is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry. Office located in Suwanee, Georgia
The Controls Engineer is part of a team of engineers supporting the design and manufacture of motion control systems that are part of the company’s service product offering. The engineering group designs and builds specialty equipment for use in providing automated and tele-robotic welding solutions, inspection, and machining services.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required. Master of Science in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering is a plus.
Experience in design of analog and digital circuitry is required. Experience in computer aided tools used to design electrical control systems is required. Experience in design for high noise environment is a plus. Experience with Object Oriented Programming is a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in the design, coding and application of motion control systems, HMI, and AC servos for automation and robotic systems
- Hands-on experience in implementation and system commissioning
- Experience in design of analog and digital circuitry
- Experience in computer aided tools used to design electrical control systems
- Experience in design for high noise environment, a plus
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Working knowledge of arc welding and machining processes is a plus
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and IEC 6-1131/3 programming languages, a plus
- Experience in creating wiring diagrams and systems schematics using AutoCAD a plus
- Working knowledge of kinematics and dynamic system analysis, using MATLAB/Simulink is a plus
- Design and implementation of motion and control systems for tooling applications
- Support field personnel in troubleshooting problems with existing systems
- Participate in and actively contribute to tooling design teams
- Work within team environment with strong communication skills
- Progress projects and tasks based on schedule and budget commitments
- Aides in plotting short and long term technology strategies for the business to support potential growth areas and technology differentiation
- Provide support as required to resolve technology deficiencies in existing technology base
- Resolve technical issues and provide technical reviews and troubleshooting.
General office and shop work environment.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 30 lbs, ability to work in an industrial field environment.
Occasional travel (<25%) to provide onsite project support, project meetings, walk-downs, training, business development, and professional activities.