The chosen Controls Engineer will be responsible for frequently conducting ground level programming, new machine installation, upgrades and troubleshooting for various amounts of programs, robotics, and systems. This position will work with a large variety of equipment and technical systems, including, but not limited to: PLC systems, production robots, servo systems, and SCADA systems. This role will also direct and educate electricians and other potential personnel to assist and operate in the same areas of programming and troubleshooting. The role will include travel between two manufacturing locations within 35 miles of each other for support as needed between both plants.
- Support production by troubleshooting and programming plant automation equipment both new and current
- Responsible for programming and designing PLC controls for new equipment and current
- PLCs - understanding of ladder logic programming, PLC 5, SLC500, ControlLogix, MicroLogix, RIO, EthernetI/P, DeviceNet. Ability to connect to PLC and navigate programming software
- Siemens S7 programming experience a plus
- Robotics - high level of understanding of Fanuc Robots. ABB robot operations
- Motors and Drives - understanding of AC and DC motors. Understanding of servo systems. Familiar with Kinetix, Ultra3000, PowerFlex, 1305, 1338 drives
- Electrical - Ability to perform electrical troubleshooting and read electrical prints
- Ability to wire industrial control systems including 480V/120V/24V power, drives, motors, I/O and sensors
*Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or equivalent)
*Experience programming, editing, modifying and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLC's and HMI's (RSLogix 500, Studio 5000, etc.)
*Experience integrating new manufacturing equipment/machines (conveyors, robots, vision systems, sensors, etc.)
*Experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment/machines
*Robotics Experience (ABB, Motoman, Fanuc, Kuka, Kawasaki)
*Ability to mentor and train others
*Experience programming Siemens PLC's
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.