Controls Engineer This position will be located at ACE Controls, Inc., a Stabilus company. ACE is the internationally recognized expert in the field of industrial damping technology. The company’s portfolio now includes automation control, motion control, vibration control and safety products. Job Summary The Controls Engineer is responsible for the design, programming, and documentation of building standard and customized industrial control panels for plant equipment. This position requires a strong technical ability in the field of controls programming and is for a motivated team player who enjoys a variety of responsibility. The ideal candidate will have experience as a manufacturing engineer with a strong PLC programming background as well as the ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices. A drive to learn and expand skills and responsibilities is a must. Essential Job Function: • Design and program electrical, PLC’s, and pneumatic control systems
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering team to ensure the control system will meet performance, reliability and functionality requirements
• Utilize new technology and Lean Manufacturing principals and processes to maximize efficiency (FMEA, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.).
• Assist with design and build of mechanical production equipment, work holding fixtures, and production tooling.
• Initiate Capital Appropriation Requests for major projects. Establish systems for control of project progress, time schedules and costs.
• Make mathematically/mechanical computations and independent analyses applying scientific and engineering principles and practices as required.
• Lead or assist global Manufacturing Engineering projects
• Work cross-functionally within the Ace Controls team to improve production process flow and efficiency
• Work “hands-on” to bring quick and efficient closer to on-the-floor issues