The Controls Support Engineer provides technical support for automated material handling equipment in warehouses and distribution centers, using complex troubleshooting and problem solving with an array of technical tools.
- Program, troubleshoot and repair interface between Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and Material Flow System (MFS).
- Program, troubleshoot and repair sensors, scanners, visualization systems, motors, frequency inverters and encoders.
- Assist in identifying root cause of faults and production errors.
- Work with Onsite staff and software developers to ensure maximum system uptime.
- Analyzes system daily operation reports to track and identify opportunities for continued improvement.
- Designs test scenarios to identify system issues.
- Trains internal and external customers to increase system knowledge, resolve issues and prevent issues from recurring.
- Updates help-desk ticketing system to track, monitor and resolve issues.
- Creates documentation and training materials for system users and system service & maintenance.
- Participates in customer and internal meetings.
- Work as part of an international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.
- Attends and participates in customer and internal meetings.
- Shift Rotations