LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
LyondellBasell is searching for a Maintenance Outage and Major Maintenance Events Coordinator for the Channelview, TX Manufacturing Complex, located 18 short miles from Downtown Houston. Our 4,000-acre Channelview Complex consists of two olefin units at the north side facility that manufacture ethylene, propylene, butadiene and benzene. The south side facility uses many of these products to produce propylene oxide, styrene monomer and other derivatives. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package and pension plan.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Owner of the Channelview site's plant shutdown and planned outage maintenance procedure and work process and a champion for delivering associated site activities
- Successfully develops the planning of Maintenance Unit Outages and Major Maintenance Events that are typically less than $5MM while meeting expected premise for each event. Maintenance Execution teams will manage execution responsibilities and take ownership of execution milestones.
- May provide leadership support to unplanned unit outages or major maintenance events
- Maintains a Maintenance Outage and Major Maintenance Event calendar with a 5 year look ahead
- Works with Stakeholders to set an achievable Maintenance Outage and Major Maintenance event schedule with consideration to Maintenance resource needs and Business drivers
- Ensures that the milestones per the maintenance outage procedure are set and achieved consistent with work process for developmental of the front end planning, scope identification, staffing, and schedule package.
- Ensuring that the events are planned in compliance with safety and environmental standards, regulations and work processes
- Develops budget estimates for maintenance outages and major events for annual budget setting activities
- Develops the Maintenance Outage premises and gains approval from unit leadership
- Managing the events' schedules and budgets and providing forecasts to stakeholders
- Working with the Maintenance Cost Manager on cost development, cost forecasting, and cost control for each event
- Develops and delivers strategy for resourcing outages with contractor and equipment support
- Developing staffing plan for the planning and execution maintenance outages and major maintenance events
- Coordinating and reviewing contract development for contractor selection for events requiring outside resources
- Identifying and removing obstacles (alignment, resource constraints, work processes) to ensure successful preparation/planning of the events within the allotted budget and schedule
- Evaluating performance relative to industry benchmarks and site's historical performance
- Improving overall performance of maintenance outages and major maintenance events and the work process to constantly optimize outage planning of the events including updating the site's maintenance outage procedure and work process
- Communicating event status and issues to the area's Leadership Team and site management. Maintenance Execution teams will manage execution with responsibilities including but not limited to leading execution meetings and reporting execution milestones, metrics, etc.
- Incorporating best practices and learnings from previous events
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a process plant environment or other applicable industry, preferably in Maintenance or Turnarounds
- Five (5) years leadership/supervisory experience in Maintenance or Turnarounds is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with the LYB Turnaround Excellence Model, or other turnaround models, and related tools is preferred
- Proven experience delivering maintenance events with large, complicated scopes of work, involving a variety of technical disciplines
- Ability to work under limited supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities
- Requires excellent management, communication and organizational skills
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston