LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The Construction Coordinator is responsible for the development and management of baseline execution plans for the construction phase of the portfolio of projects and assists the Project Controls Team with information on the time and resource schedules, quantity verification during the execution of the project phase and verifying and tracking all progress and schedules. The Construction Coordinator also has the responsibility to ensure that Construction complies with all governance and procedures applicable.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Manages and executes the Capital Project Construction portfolio and a small team of construction managers.
* Supports the Project teams during the development and the review process of the project execution strategy.
* Develops the construction execution plan with the project manager on the assigned portfolio of small capital projects.
* Establishes the quality control plan for the construction phase with the project manager and the inspection group. Works with the inspection team to ensure execution of the plan.
* Independently drives projects to completion.
* Supports the development of the estimate and schedule for the construction phase of the assigned projects, including the pre-commissioning activities.
* Supports the Project Engineering and Design Teams during the design review process of the project for constructability and complies with the project execution plan.
* Ensures timely procurement & inspections of tagged equipment and materials.
* Works with the project controls for a labor and quantity estimate and develops a high level construction schedule after the IFC package is issued for project baseline estimate verification.
* Creates a detailed Scope of Work document for the project that is in line with the agreed upon project execution plans after the IFC estimate review, to be sent to purchasing for pricing.
* Develops the detail project construction schedule, that includes pre-commissioning activities and end state in mind, with the project controls group and the service provider, using CPM method and industry guidelines, and verifies this schedule to the project baseline schedule.
* Establishes and agrees to an execution plan with service providers in line with the schedule and cost prior to starting the construction.
* Ensures projects are constructed according to the IFC packages and manages construction on assigned projects to ready for start-up status.
* Manages day to day construction activities for assigned portfolio of small capital projects with the knowledge of established service providers contract guidelines.
* Must be able to oversee several teams/groups of service providers in the field to assure proper work methods and compliance during construction or turnarounds.
* Reinforces the safety principles of the area and the site and ensures service providers follow the standard work practices and procedures.
* Manages and reports on the construction status, progress, schedule, budget, and quantity.
* Resolves any construction design issues and / or RFI's.
* Approval of the change management for field activities.
Area of Expertise, Requirements
* Knowledge of industry codes and standards
* Knowledge of the basic negotiating and contracting principals
* Must be able to read and interpret technical documents, such as:
o PI&D's, PFD's
o Blue prints and Schematics
o One-lines and Loop sheets
* Knowledge and understanding of scheduling principals and CPM method
Education and Work Experience
* High School diploma (or equivalent) with 12+ years of relevant experience managing construction in an operating petrochemical, refining facility or similar industry
* Or B.S. Degree in Engineering or Construction Management with minimum 5+ years of relevant experience managing construction in an operating petrochemical, refining facility or similar industry
* Prior experience and knowledge of industrial construction estimating is preferred
* Prior experience working with SAP, Primavera P6 and Icarus estimating is highly preferred
* Experience in a PSM and ISO environment preferred
Languages English, additional language preferred
* The ability to work independently exists, such that typical assignments can be completed with limited supervision
* Strong understanding of the all phases of Engineering, Design, Construction and Pre-Commissioning of the projects
* Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* High competency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles