We are seeking a highly motivated technologist to help implement the roadmap for microservice framework and platform services.
The successful candidate will be passionate about creating a framework that will assist our technologists with cross cutting concerns relating to modern software architectures and will allow the business app developers to focus on the business level requirements.
This means that the ideal candidate has a strong track record of working on highly distributed cloud based and should also be intensely curious about technology and continually grows in technical expertise over time.
The candidate will be responsible to facilitate application modernization using technologies regarding cloud based microservice applications, event based communication, and data at the edge with eventual consistency.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Strong understanding of container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of hybrid cloud strategy and cloud computing technologies including: Cloud Foundry, AWS.
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages in addition to Java (knowledge of other JVM languages such as Kotlin or Scala a plus)
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery best practice
- Knowledge of software best practices like refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, encapsulation etc.
- 5+ years hands-on experience of developing microservices using Java and Spring Boot (understanding Spring internals)
- 5+ years hands-on experience of building distributed system with micro-services
- 2+ years hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- 2+ years hands-on experience deploying and running workloads on AWS (preferably using EKS)
- 2+ years hands-on experience with event driven app architecture (Kafka preferred)
- 2+ years hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL (Cassandra preferred)
- Experience with other cloud platforms (Google, Azure) a plus.
This position requires candidates that are a US Citizen or Green Card Holder. At this time no Corp to Corp relationships will be considered for this opportunity.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer