LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Corporate FP&A team is responsible for the coordination, consolidation, reporting, and analysis of the annual LYB Budget and Long range plan ('LRP') processes, monthly forecasting and management reporting, corporate financial modeling, and provides ad hoc financial analysis and insights to our Leadership Team, Board of Directors and other key stakeholders.
The Corporate FP&A Manager - Long Range Planning & Analysis will lead the annual LRP process, support the annual budget process, perform corporate financial modeling using the Economic Driver Model, and provide long range outlook updates and other ad hoc analysis. This role will provide varied and complex financial analysis & modeling, establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders to drive the LRP process, and develop high quality board materials. The successful candidate is required to have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, advanced modeling skills, great attention to detail and accuracy, and strong communication skills to work effectively across the organization. This individual needs to be highly motivated and self-driven with the big picture as well as the ability to dive into the details.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Management Reporting and Forecasting, and currently doesn't have any direct supervision responsibilities.Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the end-to-end annual long-range planning (LRP) process, including but not limited to: preparation of the overall LRP timeline, design and communication of required templates, coordination with key stakeholders across the company, analysis of data inputs and other information supporting the LRP, and preparation of key deliverables to our senior leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Continuously evaluate opportunities to further standardize and streamline the LRP process and drive best practices.
- Prepare in-depth analysis and high-quality presentations in support of senior leadership team reviews and board meetings.
- Corporate financial modeling using the Economic Driver Model (EDM), which is a driver based corporate strategic model to assess company's financial performance under various economic and market conditions.
- Continuously evaluate opportunities to further refine and improve the EDM and to accommodate changing market conditions and business needs.
- Provide market/industry/business intelligence as to macroeconomic trend and industry dynamics as well as their implications to LYB's operations and financial performance.
- Utilize EDM to perform scenario and sensitivity analysis as an integral part of the annual LRP process as well as ad hoc updates to CEO and CFO.
- Develop comprehensive financial models to support corporate strategy development, including but not limited to: tax & capital planning, company valuations and strategic M&A transactions.
- Lead other Corporate FP&A analytics and ad hoc analysis, including ROIC, EVA, etc.
- Work closely with Manager - Planning and Analysis responsible for the budget process to collaboratively deliver key deliverables to our senior leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Participate in other initiatives and cross-functional projects to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies within FP&A and other finance processes.
- Finance, Economy, Accounting, or related business degree with 8+ years' relevant FP&A, corporate finance, business analysis or other analytical experience required.
- MBA/CFA/CPA preferred.
- Experience with corporate financial modeling, valuation and M&A transactions is highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with a sound understanding of chemical industry, manufacturing, business, and financial planning & analysis required.
- Strong ability to manage process changes with finance project management and implementation experience a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively build and maintain solid relationship with internal/external stakeholders, and strong presentation skills to message and communicate results clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work under pressure to multi-task, prioritize and effectively manage key stakeholder expectations (both business and finance).
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision (self-starter), make sound decisions, while closely engaging and staying aligned with the rest of FP&A team and other business service functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston