LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
LyondellBasell's Global Engineering and Turnaround Department is a world-class, central engineering support organization - advancing continuous performance improvements in our manufacturing facilities worldwide. This position will be based in our Houston Engineering Center located just 14 miles East of downtown Houston, Texas. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts. Relocation is available.
This position provides worldwide corrosion and materials consulting services to LyondellBasell's refining and petrochemical facilities. Primary client groups include manufacturing, capital projects, business teams and R&D.
- Provide support in creating and upkeeping corrosion control documents and optimizing integrity operating limits.
- Provide corrosion troubleshooting, corrosion control and materials selection support to plants worldwide.
- Provide inspection and NDE support to site inspection organizations.
- Provide support for turnaround scope optimization.
- Provide materials selection, corrosion and fabrication support for major projects. Function as the technical lead for specific projects.
- Provide global training and mentoring to support materials, welding, inspection and corrosion engineering competency requirements.
- Lead cross functional teams in the execution of multi-disciplinary technical assignments and implementing global initiatives.
- Anticipate internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommending process, product or service improvements.
- A Bachelor's degree in Materials, Metallurgical or Corrosion Engineering. A Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree with specialization or experience in Materials Engineering would be acceptable.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical or chemical process industries. Corrosion experience in chemical processes and organic acid corrosion mechanism are a plus.
- Strong understanding of corrosion and metallurgical deterioration mechanisms with demonstrated knowledge and skills in material selection, damage mechanisms, inspection and failure analysis.
- A strong background in inspection, NDE and welding is desired.
- Knowledgeable in pertinent codes, standards, recommended practices and the latest in industry best practices.
- Basic knowledge of the ASME and API Code rules in the design, analysis, inspection, repair and alteration of pressure vessels, piping, storage tanks and heat exchangers is desired.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, networking and teamwork skills for data gathering, building consensus in teams for problem solving, developing a client base and working well with people in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team environment at all levels of the organization, as well as, external customers/resources.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent projects or activities in order to effectively meet business needs.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and able to function independently of supervision.
- Strong troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston