Estimates labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request for proposal (RFP) data submitted by prospective customers. Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data. Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors. Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor. Prepares and maintains historical cost data. Creates cost models for cost estimating elements. Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors. 6 Years with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters; Apprentice graduate with 8-10 Years qualifying experience
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of experience. Master's Degree and 4 years of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor's degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor's degree. An Apprentice Certificate or graduation from Navy Nuclear Power School can be substituted for Bachelor's degree. A relevant professional certification can be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree. Certification
- Experience with evaluation and interpretation of engineering / design products (drawings, system diagrams, etc.) and specifications (material, product performance, dimensional control, etc.) in heavy industrial multiple trade discipline production process applications (welding, machining, pipe fitting, electrical, coatings, insulation, and structural fabrication/erection).
- Proficiency with development and use of intermediate level Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Project, Power BI).
- Working knowledge of government contract acquisition regulations preferred.
- Itemizes tools, fixtures, or equipment to be manufactured by company or purchased from outside sources.
- Develops estimates for cost of materials, purchased equipment, subcontracted work, production activities and requirements, and labor.