Interactive Business Systems has partnered with a Cincinnati company to locate a Cost Engineer for a full-time position.
Analyze project specifications to prepare time, materials, and labor estimates.
- Estimate projects changes of scope and generate proposals quotes for contracts.
Monitor job cost data and schedule to assure budget goals are met.
Work with customers to ensure that the design criteria can be accomplished based upon the layout that has been provided.
Prepare quarterly cost and expenditure reports for project management revision.
- Prepare bill of materials (BOM) on projects for business quotations
Preparing forecast estimates used by management for planning and control purposes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 6+ years of previous estimating experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have engineering controls experience
- Must have direct experience with electrical engineering design
- Direct estimating experience in distribution, fulfillment, logistics and supply chain, specific to Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Understands a variety of material handling processes and components and ability to evaluate and analyze associated costs
- Knowledge of controls solutions for conveyor systems
- Knowledge of software solutions for MHE systems is a plus
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation,& reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Samantha Clements at Interactive Business Systems ([email protected])
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
$70,000.00 - $85,000.00 /Year
Engineering & Aerospace