Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Englewood, CO
Type: Contract to hire
We are looking for an innovative and passionate Cloud Architect to help lead the technical direction,
strategy, and buildout of projects in the Cloud (AWS or GCP). This position will involve interacting with
numerous IT teams to drive strategy and tactical work for migrating projects into the Cloud.
We are looking for people who are passionate about:
- Creating software in a micro-service architecture that is highly scalable and fault tolerant.
- Creating and presenting our technology vision to senior executives and critical stakeholders.
- Working closely with more than 50 engineers to implement your vision in a production customer
- facing environment.
- Innovating and inventing solutions using state of the art technologies like machine learning,
- automation, artificial intelligence, or any other technologies you feel would be beneficial.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
You would be considered a great fit for this role if you have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a
- related technical degree.
- At least 5 years of experience working as an architect in an Agile software development
- environment with at least 3 years working as an AWS architect/engineer.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development using one or more of the following: Java,
- Solid experience with CloudFormation and Terraform scripting.
- Significant experience (at least 5 years) using DevOps CI/CD tools such as GitLab and Jenkins.
- At least 5 years of experience in IT Operations/Infrastructure.
- These qualifications would make you stand out among other applicants:
- Great communication skills - you are passionate about sharing your vision and getting others
- Cloud certifications (preferably AWS) - Solutions Architect, Certified Developer, Cloud
- Practitioner, DevOps Engineer etc...
- Knowledge of GCP, Azure, or other cloud solutions.
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!