The Customer Service Manager is responsible for leadership and coordination of the Customer Service Agents, Account Representatives, Application Engineers and the support of Direct Accounts or Channel Partners Accounts for North America based products. This role works closely with our customers as well as a variety of Kollmorgen functions, including Sales, Operations, Quality and Engineering. The primary objectives of this position are to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting business goals and to develop and maintain a valuable team of product and industry experts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Align team with strategic direction of business unit to meet policy deployment objectives. Responsibilities will include:
- driving change through kaizens and process improvement
- setting standard work practices to ensure global consistency
- developing tools
- Responsible for daily management and team performance monitoring (Time-To-Enter Orders, Time-To-Quote, Order entry, …)
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining monthly data for Policy Deployment (PD) & Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Drive Performance For Growth (P4G) and Development For Growth (D4G) processes for your team
- Work with Human Resources and Manager to make staff decisions including hiring, terminations, performance management and structure/alignment changes, as needed.
- Maintain and approve time worked and vacation time for team using payroll software
- Handle complex and escalated customer service issues
- Drive employee engagement and recognize employees going above and beyond
- Cultivate a Customer First Culture. Help develop and implement customer experience strategies to improve customer retention and builds brand loyalty.
- Develop and promote cross-functional relationships across the organization (Sales, Engineering, Operations, Quality, etc.)
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Maintain in depth knowledge of the Customer Service Agent, Account Representative and Application Engineering activities and responsibilities
- Develop, document, implement and audit to standard work requirements within team.
- Coordinate and facilitate Customer visits
- Collect Voice of Customer (VOC) as required.
- Review and approve customer requests for credits/debits, as submitted by team members
- Maintain customer records in accordance with Kollmorgen policy to include orders, phone logs, credits and other customer facing documents
- Maintain proficiency in Kollmorgen Policies and Procedures and Terms and Conditions and recommend changes when necessary
- Interpersonal Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, approachability and accountable for their own work. Creates an environment where teams collaborate across boundaries, makes sure clarity flows up, down, and across the organization.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and anticipates problems before they arise and drives the problems to root cause and countermeasure solution. Mentor team on proper use of Problem Solving Process (PSP).
- Leadership skills: Responsible for accurately and efficiently completing assigned projects along with leading a team to solve any issues that arise.
- Teamwork: High level of teamwork required, builds teams, promotes training of team
- Leads through ABS: Coaches others on ABS usage, provides visible leadership to support culture and tools. Sets high expectations for results, gets work done through others. Embrace, implement and support changes.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 4-year degree or equivalent of education and experience, engineering degree preferred
- 3 years management or leadership experience required
- Call Center Customer Service experience preferred
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
****Must be willing and able to travel by all forms of transportation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to .
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.