Customer Service Representative - Sioux Falls, SD
100 E Benson Rd
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57104
Customer Service Representative
Sioux Falls, SD
The Customer Service Representative receives and processes routine customer orders, inquiries, and/or complaints covering items or products ordered for our corrugate manufacturing plant in Sioux Falls..
Maintains an ongoing relationship with selected customers and sales staff. Incumbents use knowledge of products and product availability to provide a communications link to the customer.
Applies advanced skills to the position within assigned functional area.
Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
Assignments are broad in nature and generally require originality or ingenuity.
Works under minimal supervision.
How you will impact WestRock:
•Records and processes orders and inquiries received by mail, telephone and through customer contact.
•Provides pricing, availability, and schedule information within established guidelines.
•Suggests alternative products or services to meet customer needs.
•Checks and approves credit within established limitations, and confirms orders.
•Obtains resolution of routine customer complaints and issues.
•Serves as communication link between customers and sales staff to assure responsiveness.
•Tracks order activity, and alerts appropriate staff of any potential delivery problems.
•Tracks warehouse inventories and replenishments.
•Obtains pricing for any services and materials required for the manufacturing of customer's item that must be manufactured at a different facility.
•Creates plant manufacturing documents from customer specifications.
What you need to succeed:
Ability to operate with the customer's best interest in mind.
Bring improvement ideas to customer and WestRock plant and packaging design ideas, develop and present innovative ideas and solutions
Behaves in accordance with WestRock values and operating principles at all times and rewards the same behavior in others. Takes action based upon the best interest of the Company rather than how it affects him/her personally.
Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and supervisors; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation.
Works effectively with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority (such as peers in other units or senior management) to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
Enjoys working hard; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
Uses appropriate interpersonal style and communication methods to gain acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, service or product from prospects and clients.
What you will need to succeed:
• High school diploma, college degree preferred.
• Manufacturing experience highly preferred.
• Good ability to perform math functions including working with fractions, manipulating and recording figures to provide accurate quantities, estimates and quotes. Must be detail oriented.
• 3-5 years of customer service/customer relations experience.
• Excellent phone etiquette and courtesy, professional communication and customer relationship/service.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans