The Customer Service Representative I (CSR) performs a variety of duties, including order verification and order entry. Be a customer liaison, responsible for promoting and maintaining positive customer relations. Responds to customer inquiries, regarding order and repair status; as well as, price and delivery inquiries. May interact with other departments to ensure delivery schedule. Examines warranty claims, handles customer returns and exchanges. This position requires the ability to follow company policies and procedures. Excellent written and verbal skills are essential. This is an entry level professional sales support role. This position has a significant impact on every dimension of the business. The level of customer service to external, as well as internal customers affects the overall image of Kollmorgen and Altra. Exceptional performance will positively impact quality, delivery, and cost; as well as, help foster customer growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Can provide training assistance to Customer Service Rep I in tools training, communication skills training, and other areas of need as identified.
- Enter orders into ERP system with 24 hours of receipt of order with high accuracy levels.
- Provide and create quotations on standard and non-standard products utilizing tools or procedures. Escalate to Sales Engineers where appropriate.
- Strong working relationship with Field Sales Engineers on managing quotes, opportunities, and leads.
- Review and validate customer requests for credits/debits.
- Receive incoming calls with the goal of immediate resolution or re-direct call to appropriate associate to support service standards of 90%+ accessibility and first call resolution.
- Promote/train distributors and customers in the use of self-service tools.
- Issue RMA’s (Return Material Authorizations), interpret and quote repair policies and procedures.
- Follow up and obtain approvals where needed. Process paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Work with Operations to expedite deliveries as required by customer as well as growth opportunities.
- Maintain customer records in accordance with company policy to include orders, phone logs, credits and other customer facing documents.
- Promptly address customer issues or complaints with the assistance and or input of other internal associates.
- Generate company leads as well as qualifying company leads for potential future business.
- Participate in daily opportunity management meetings.
- Approximately 15% - 50% of the time is spent reaching out proactively to customers, while the rest of the time is spent being reactive to customer requests.
- Internal: Regional Sales Managers, Field Sales Engineers, Sales Administration Team, Sales Engineering Team, Technical Support Team, Customer Service Management Team, Buyer/Planners, Shipping, Product Line Managers, and Aftermarket Teams.
- External: Distribution, Direct Customers
- 2 years Customer Service related experience required.
- 2 year degree in related field preferred.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook). Previous experience with an ERP system preferred.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly with a willingness to obtain functional knowledge and understanding of company products, policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and respond to customers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment to improve the service levels to customers.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and to remain calm and positive in adverse situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.