The MILSATCOM Directorate, is pursuing the procurement of the Protected Tactical Enterprise Service (PTES) which is envisioned to be a ground system that enables operations of the Protected Tactical Waveform (PTW) over Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) satellites with future extension to commercial SATCOM and PTW-processing satellite payloads. PTES is technologically related to but procured separately from the Protected Tactical Service Field Demonstration (PTSFD) and the Protected Tactical SATCOM (PTS) follow-on program. PTES, as the ground system, includes ground joint hubs, a Key Management System (KMS), a Mission Management System (MMS), and ground system integration. The joint hub includes a system controller, PTW hub modem, an End Cryptographic Unit (ECU), and Layer 2 switching. The ground system must support use of WGS user terminals upgraded with PTW modems that will be fielded by the Services' terminal program offices.
Overview : Working as part of a team on the Protected Tactical Enterprise Service (PTES) program. Will develop new global military satellite communications (MILSATCOM) ground system that will manage transmission of protected tactical waveform - a type of secure, anti-jam communication - over Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) satellites and terminals.
Cyber Security Systems Engineer responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify life-cycle balanced information system security solutions.
* Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system security requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
* Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
* Identifies assets and assesses risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of the product assets in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
* Knowledgeable in secure manufacturing and anti-tamper design.
* Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops a cost to mitigate estimate.
* Employs system security processes, methods, and tools and assures their consistent application.
Must have Qualifications:
* BS degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years Cyber Security experience, prefer 10+ years
* RMF (Risk Management Framework) exp
* DOD Security Controls exp
* Experience within and Agile environment highly desirable
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.