Cyber Security Engineer
Leidos is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer / Cyber Security Analyst with the technical expertise to perform a broad range of information assurance engineering tasks in a complex customer environment. This position is responsible for:
- information gathering, port and vulnerability scanning and analysis according to policy;
- Scheduling, execution and tracking of vulnerability remediation activities;
- Security monitoring, analysis and incident response;
- Tracking, and reporting of security patch/upgrade implementation
- Development of security policies, processes and procedure
- Development of information security documents
- Conducting security audits
- Workload estimating
- Development and delivery of presentations
- Security product trade studies
- Security test and evaluation
- STIG/Checklist auditing.
- BS degree & 4-8 years of related experience or Masters & 2-6 years of related experience or experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cyber Security.
- 3 years of experience in incident detection and response, system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development is required.
This position has a particular focus on incident response and threat assessment as part of a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Candidates should have experience in investigating computer and information security incidents to determine the extent of a compromise and providing assessments and forensics support of these incidents.
- The candidate is expected to have a broad range of knowledge into the latest tools and techniques used to secure IPv4 & IPv6 networks.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple domain areas.
- Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework.
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
- Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement.
- Change management and Engineering control gates.
- Security architecture development
- Customer requirements identification
- Operations and maintenance
- Performance metrics related to security operations
- Experience identify new tools and perform trade studies
Clearance: Current TS/SCI with Polygraph
You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Cyber Security 1000 Intelligence