Interactive Business Systems has partnered with a Cincinnati company to locate a cyber security intrusion specialist for a full-time position. Responsibilities:
- Perform monitoring and analysis of security systems data from multiple security components including firewalls, IPS, VPN, web filtering, SIEM systems, host based intrusion detection, email filtering etc.
- Monitor Intrusion Detection systems (IDS) Analyze security data to effectively detect intrusions & attempted intrusions and to initiate and engage the proper resources to mitigate the risk and validating (IDS) alerts.
- Collecting and analyzing investigative information and data (e.g. internet history information, system logs, network traffic activity, encrypted or erased data) to identify signs or sources of compromise, poor security practices and unauthorized activities.
- Enforcing procedures for preventing web abuse; guiding the administration of security tools that monitor web security.
- Conducting preliminary security investigations related to employee abuse of security policies.
- Examining and analyzing network traffic, related applications and operating systems to identify potential threats, anomalous or malicious activities to network resources
- Conducts preliminary forensic collections of electronic evidence including information system and network devices for legal, human resources, ethics, and information security.
- Support of customers with security and general technology needs.