View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Security Clearance required: DoD Top Secret or DOE Q Clearance
US Citizenship Required
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Part Time Position – 20 hours per week
Position Summary: The role of the Cyber Security Specialist is to perform cyber security program oversight for Oak Ridge Office of Environmental Management (OREM) Information Security Program. As OREM moves forward to meet the security mandates required by federal laws, standards, and guidance, a more advanced conceptual and continuous approach to security will be required to ensure the safeguarding of information entrusted to the agency. The Cyber Security Specialist will ensure the success of the Information Security Program by continuing to implement and update NIST-compliant policies, and procedures, by engineering and implementing solutions to new requirements that arise both from advances in technology and from new Federal and regulations and directives and by maintaining IT system resiliency with effective contingency planning, evaluation, and testing.
- Ensure consistent application of information security standards across all OREM information systems.
- Meet all regulatory and agency documented standards and guidance.
- Oversee contractor programs to ensure integration of regulations and standards into a fully implementable security program.
- Ensure coordination for internal and external audits.
- Ensure all new information technology (IT) projects meet or integrate security standards into their development.
- Develop a culture of security-mindful professionals across the community.
- Strive to be more flexible and responsive to new regulatory directives.
- Serve as the point of contact (POC) for all IT security-related activities across OREM.
- Ensure information system survivability and integrity.
- Provide recommendations for optimization of processes to meet IT security-related goals and strategies
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- Part Time Position – 20 hours per week, approx. 60-70% remote support with 40-30% onsite support required
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- 5+ years' experience in IT preferred
- Cybersecurity Certification strongly preferred (CASP, CISSP, Etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology preferred, Associates in Information Technology, or other relevant discipline with commensurate experience is acceptable.
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Windows 2010 Server, and Windows Active Directory. Knowledge of local area networking, wide area networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Experience in the Information Technology (IT), Computer Security field, with experience implementing cyber security solutions in diverse operating environments preferred
- Functional understanding of IT system components such as TCP/IP, network and host- based intrusion detection and prevention, vulnerability scanning, operating systems including Windows and Unix, routers, switches, and database management systems
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to work well with others as a team member
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Active DOE 'Q” clearance or DOD 'TS”
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.