Job Description: Database Administrator
Location: Mundelein, IL
Position Type: Contract-to-Hire
Our client, one of the largest privately held manufacturers and distributors of medical supplies, has a Junior Database Administrator to maintain their LIMS System at both the primary and satellite locations. This is a contract to hire position, located in Mundelein, IL.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain LIMS system at primary location and satellite locations.
- Maintain the GxP and validated status of LIMS and perform controlled changes to the system.
- Identify improvements to LIMS for business data management and efficiencies. Assist in identification of areas for LIMS service improvements.
- Support the business in retrieval of data from LIMS. Provide data for analysis utilizing queries and reporting tools. Develop Crystal and Excel reports, data reports to customers, Key Performance Indicator reports and any other reports needed to support the R&D/Laboratory functions.
- Work directly with laboratory equipment manufacturers to understand and maintain LIMS/equipment interfaces.
- Other tasks as needed, including data maintenance functions (upgrades, backup).
- Creating Crystal Reports
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, environmental, or related field
- At least 1 year of system testing, validation, problems resolution, and training experience with STARLIMS or similar system.
- Familiarity with IT systems in a Quality Operations context
- Experience working with a variety of laboratory equipment interfaces (PL-SQL)
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!