DIRECT HIRE - Java Developer/Spring Boot - U.S. Citizens & Green Card holders ONLY
- AIC is looking for two developers with 3-8 years software development experience to work in a Java Developer role.
- A mix of Java & C#, is ok, but Spring-Boot is required.
- Full stack with 60-65% backend and 35-40% frontend
- JSON, Rest Services are nice to have.
- We're looking for someone in the $85,000 - $125,000 salary range.
- Must be eligible for hire without sponsorship.
- Job will start remotely until after covid and is expected to onsite by June 2021.
AIC is seeking an experienced Software Developer with experience in Java and Spring Boot for our team in downtown Birmingham, AL. The Sr Software Developer will assist the team in the development and maintenance of Business Software Applications. This person will work closely with Software Engineers and Architects in the development of system components.
- Gathers and documents, understands and articulates functional, non-functional and business requirements that are already defined.
- Assists with and demonstrated a growing proficiency in the design and development of simple software applications, model data relationships.
- Learns and uses enterprise software applications and infrastructure architecture.
- Uses programming & technical skills in various languages and products currently used by the company as specified for the position to develop of update programs.
- Learns to write unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure high application quality to meet business requirements.
- Develops an understanding of various deployment methods, tools and writes scripts and/or procedures to ensure efficient processes.
- Becomes familiar with enterprise systems, databases and networking. Develops an understanding of the interoperability of IT assets with custom software development.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area of study.
- 2+ years of experience in a position performing software development.
- Java, Spring Boot experience required.
- Experience with AngularJS / Angular is a plus.
- Must have the ability to learn Object Oriented Concepts and the concepts of a Software Development Life Cycle.
- Willingness to learn or comfortable with various tools and frameworks used by the business such as: Eclipse/IntelliJ, Spring / Spring Boot, AngularJS / Angular, Jenkins, SVN / GIT, REST / SOAP
- Understands the process of new application development and has the ability to apply these concepts with minimal mentoring and supervision.
- Must have the ability to learn to provide support & maintenance for simple to complex software applications.
- Must be able to develop insurance knowledge in topics such as Policies, Agents, Claims, Products, Marketing, Sales, Revenues and Payments.
- Communicates well with working teams. Motivated and willing to take initiative. Capable of working well in a team and collaborative environment.
- Adaptable to change.
- Willing to mentor and coach others as assigned.