The DMS Engineer is responsible for the administration, maintenance, operations, documentation, and validation of all DMS components. This position will coordinate and implement upgrades and maintenance of application servers, application databases, and integration components of the DMS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the subject matter expert on DMS applications, including requirements, configuration, testing, debugging, integration and implementation.
- Act as the infrastructure and networking expert for all DMS components.
- Monitor all components of the DMS environment for performance and stability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve DMS application issues.
- Define, analyze and execute diagnostic and update scripts to troubleshoot and/or address specific problems.
- Develop and execute queries to mine information at the request of application administrator(s) or Firm Management.
- Coordinate backup and recovery strategies for all DMS databases in accordance with Firm standards.
- Work with the DBA staff to control and monitor access to the databases through the design and implementation of database security measures.
- Document and maintain all DMS applications, associated components and users. Include analyzing updates & upgrades and making recommendations for implementation.
- Work with application administrator(s) to develop processes and procedures to facilitate administrative functions (archiving documents, personnel renames, etc.).
- Interface with iManage and other vendors as appropriate to resolve problems.
- Provide off-hours support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.