Keywords: ARM M0, M4, M-series, RTOS, Bare Metal, digital signal processing, audio
What We Need: Senior DSP Engineer
Leveraging its long history in acoustics, Plantronics continues its development of audio solutions allowing customers to stay 'In the Zone', to have 'Smarter Customer Interactions', and to 'Tame the Communications Chaos' that they face every day. If you are looking for an engaging, fast paced environment and the chance to join an All-Star Audio DSP team, this role is for you.
What You'll Do
* You will help further the Center of Excellence for Plantronics Audio DSP technology, maximizing sound quality within the price and manufacturing constraints of the product specification
* You will play a critical role in system design, establishing specifications, developing and improving headphones, earphones, speakers and other family devices.
* You'll develop state of the art techniques to provide superior audio performance, while optimizing to within embedded constraints.
* You will cultivate effective relationships with Audio Systems, QA, Firmware, DSP, Electrical, Mechanical, & Industrial Design engineering colleagues, as well as contract manufacturers
* Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering (Masters preferred), with specialization in digital signal processing
* 4+ years of experience in an embedded firmware, software product development environment using C and Assembler
* Solid programming skills for embedded systems and DSP
* Deep understanding of fundamental principals in algorithm implementation
* Expert in algorithm development and implementation, in fixed-point on DSP, with proven experience in optimization
* Solid understanding of embedded firmware development tools including compiler, debugger, profiler, etc.
* Experience in embedded real-time operating systems, interrupts and schedulers
* Background in power and cycle optimization for battery powered devices
* Experience building embedded products with and without an operating system
* Prior experience with processor architectures such as ARM Cortex, Tensilica/Cadence HiFi, CSR/Qualcomm Kalimba DSP, TI DSPs - is a plus
* Prior experience in filter design, acoustic echo canceller, Bluetooth, automatic gain control, equalization, voice activity detection, head acoustics - is a plus
* High quality development, testing and debugging skills are a must
* Experience in MATLAB, and one of scripting languages such as Python, Perl
* Highly motivated, team player, willing to pick up any piece of code, with a can-do attitude, and attracted to challenging opportunities within a bleeding edge Engineering entity
* Experience in audio signal processing
* Data analysis and problem solving
* System level profiling
* Knowledge in interface protocols such as I2C, SPI and I2S
Overview of Technology:
Working with audio technologies, mainly headsets, team is working with next generation product.
Specifications are done, engineer will join in development.
- Qualcomm, CSR, Kalimba, or HiFi DSP is key
- Development environments similar to Qualcomm, Tensilica - based on Eclipse IDE. Running or loading on simulator then testing with audio engineers for tuning.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.