Job Title: Data Analyst II
Duration: 6+ months
Location : Jacksonville, FL (onsite)
Job id: 3957-1
Analysts analyze data and document their results and recommendations in order to solve problems, provide information needed to make business decisions and make recommendations for continuous improvement. Incumbents develop, administer and enhance tools and systems that manage Company information. Analysts typically prepare for their role by either achieving a post-secondary degree in a specific field, obtaining certification, or by on-the-job training and work experience. Incumbents may directly manage a small number of direct reports; the primary function of the role is applying analytical knowledge and skills as an exempt-level individual contributor.
* Process issues received from business line areas and IT. Research, analyze and resolve issues within scope of job.
* Formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding.
* Analyze business and user needs, document requirements and revise existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
* Plan, prepare and execute various testing activities to ensure appropriate testing is conducted for the work effort. May take leadership in managing and executing test plans.
* Assist in negotiating agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
* Complete standard and adhoc reporting requests.
* May lead or support components of project and/or production support activities.
* Assist in business process redesign and documentation needed for new technology.
* Develop or modify complex information systems.
* Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manage changes to such specifications.
* May participate in department/divisional workgroups and initiatives.
* Basic understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
* Basic research skills.
* Basic knowledge of claims and claims processing systems.
* Basic knowledge of non-claims issues such as remittance advice, eligibility, benefits, authorization and referrals.
* Demonstrated ability to use process and operational workflows.
* Demonstrated understanding of process improvement concepts.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Proficient with SQL or SAS.
3-5 Years of Professional experience with data analysis or data mining
Related Bachelor's degree or additional related equivalent work experience