Job Title: Data Analysts
Location: Jacksonville, FL (Remote)
Data Analysts are accountable for assessment, improvement and governance of quality and ongoing condition of critical data assets. Ensure adequate data quality is maintained so that data can effectively support business processes. Data Analysts are assigned to projects of medium complexity and size and are relied upon to validate accurate population of cubes, stars and marts.
- Prepares data for conversion through data mapping, translation rules, and cleaning.
- Performs tests to ensure smooth data transition between systems.
- Executes data extraction programs/data profiling and analyzes data for accuracy and quality.
- Maps data and data relationships, validates population of cubes, stars and marts and accountable for most efficient data flows.
- Gathers and analyzes data requirements and validates complex data models ensuring ability to enable requirements
- Partnering with the business, resolves data issues and discrepancies
- Executes queries
- Completes data mining and prepares ad hoc reporting or presentations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of professional experience with data analysis, database design or data mining or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education in data analytics. (Open to looking at a recent grad with a 4-year technical degree).
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to manage tasks independently without close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- High critical thinking skills, problem solving, quantitative analysis ability.
- Abilities to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Strong technical writing skills
- SQL queries/query writing
- Technical Writing/storytelling of data
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong communication of business findings
- Exposure to healthcare or operational processes (enrollment, billing, claims, etc.) a PLUS
- Experience with AGILE methodologies a PLUS
- Exposure to Power BI reporting a PLUS
- Experience using Agile methodology