Title : Data Analytics Specialist
Location : Cupertino, CA
Duration : 9 Months (Possible Extension)
- Are you a technical planner, project manager or coordinator and looking to break into the DevOps world? Or perhaps you're a seasoned technician that has always had an interest in data analyst and planning.
- Do you want to be part of an energetic team critical to the success of Client? The Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) DevOps team is looking for a highly skilled planner that can quickly summarize complex problems, and soar in a dynamic high-energy environment.
- Your rock solid integrity, teamwork and ability to work independently are valued and encouraged.
- Having the ability to quantify your decisions, critical thinking and using your gut instinct are all key qualities that make our Dev Ops team successful and fun.
Duties include the following:
- You'll have the ability to shape and develop the analytics, forecasting and planning of our Big Data engineering and operations platform.
- You'll work side by side with exceptional people that run, optimize and scale our environment and help take it to the next level.
- The team is responsible for the data collection, operation and reporting of the systems for all of Apple's product manufacturing around the world.
- You'll be supporting the system that Apple's product engineering and operations teams utilize to bring the next insanely great product to life.
- In this role, you'll be working with very large-scale, highly-available Big Data infrastructure supporting multi-Petabytes of data with super-linear growth.
- You'll will be planning, forecasting and analyzing growth and capacity.
- Your attention to detail and strong passion of analytics with an insatiable curiosity will be critical.
- You will work with a high degree of independence, but supported by a broad technical team.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with data analytics, forecasting or capacity planning
- Experience with Numbers or Excel
- Highly organized, thorough planner
- Passion for building planning systems and processes
- Ability to work with various cross functional teams to gather input and provide guidance
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to chart data in meaningful ways
- Ability to present information to peers and senior management
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to bring creative, simple and logical approaches to complex problems
- Technical minded with the aptitude to learn new technologies