'U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship available at this time.'
Solutions Point has a client in Kansas City looking for a Data Architect to join their team. Our client has around 220 employees. IT Org 20 to 25 currently. Position will report to the Director – Data and Performance Analytics team. This will be a six month contract for hire role. W2 hourly rate on contract will be 55 to 75 hour depending on experince.
Gather, clean, analyze, report and present data to key constituents. Assist in firm-wide efforts to enhancing information/data efficiencies and transforming data into business intelligence.
- Work with data owners/users, both internally and externally, as well as other key individuals in the organization to collect, organize and disseminate data broadly throughout the firm
- Interact with the team to facilitate data visualization within Tableau and other visualization methods
- Ensure the integrity of the data sources, both incoming data and externally published data, to make sure consistencies exist across all of our data
- Support other special projects around the firm, interacting with different groups
- A working knowledge of the financial industry
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine optimal data flow to meet current and future data needs while ensuring efficiency and accuracy in the data.
- Design data tables, database elements, and data relationships to store and validate data efficiently and effectively
SQL Server Administration
- Monitor Server disk space, database and log file size, troubleshoot hardware issues and manage updates of Windows Server and SQL Server software.
- Manage user permissions, database structure, etc. to provide availability to users.
Administer servers (hardware) that run the software tools used by the BI/Data team
- Alteryx Gallery
- Monitor regular backups of the Alteryx Gallery files
- Monitor job history, resource use and conflicts, and scheduling issues
- Upgrade Alteryx Server when necessary
- Provide advice to users to help with Alteryx Designer workflows and troubleshoot technical problems with Designer when necessary
- Tableau Online/Bridge
- Create new data connections from Tableau Online using Tableau Bridge, and monitor existing connections
- Work with data owners to collect and validate new data required for business initiatives
- Work with third party data vendors with systems that are key to analytics and reporting functions
ETL (extract, transform, load):
- Support advanced analytic capabilities by developing processes to transform, clean and verify the integrity of data stored in the data warehouse used for analysis
- Serve as data expert to design and create ETL Processes using a range of possible mechanisms (SFTP, direct database link, etc.), including efficient scheduling and appropriate validation.
- Maintain ETL systems and procedures – troubleshoot issues and continue to improve on processes to minimize errors and streamline workflows
Data visualization & analytics:
- Assist with user and permissions configuration on Tableau Online, architect datasources (whether to publish live or extracted, and refreshed via an ETL load from outside Tableau Online or scheduled internally), and monitor data source refreshes
- Assist with dashboard creation and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to users when necessary.
- Assist with Tableau license portal administration
- Define and implement process improvement and process efficiency action plans
- Ensure project deliverables adhere to Tortoise standards and guidelines
- Pursue learning about new technologies and industry data management trends
- Proactively educate others on basic data management concepts such as data governance, master data management, data warehousing, big data, reporting, data quality, and database performance