Interactive Business Systems is teaming up with a Germantown, WI Area client to locate and bring on a Data Center Associate for a direct hire opportunity!
The Data Center Associate is responsible for day-to-day activities associated with job processing, data backup, real-time system monitoring, and physical site maintenance for a leading healthcare organization in Wisconsin.
The Data Center Associate will be required to quickly respond to server and network issues of varying level of severity and escalate issues to appropriate personnel as required. In addition, this position will also have responsibility for responding to problems and questions from system end users regarding the functionality, performance and availability of their IT equipment and/or business applications.
- Work closely with Manager to ensure that the Computer Operations function delivers at a service level consistent with the expectations of IT department's senior management.
- Works to improve or maintain a high level of Computer Operations performance through the use of generally accepted II best practices.
- Must provide updates regarding the key issues and works to resolve problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Flexibility in scheduling is required, to meet with staff on various shifts: (This position is part of a 24/7 Operations Center, including after-hours, weekends and holiday coverage.)
2. Ability to prioritize and execute in high-pressure situations. Remains calm under pressure.
3. Highly motivated and ability to operate under limited supervision
4. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory account management.
5. Broad knowledge of IT services, applications and infrastructure.
6. Strong computer skills utilizing and supporting MS Office and MS Exchange/Outlook.
7. Good interpersonal skills in communications with all levels of hospital personnel, vendors and IT staff.
8. Ability to manage multiple tasks. Solid capabilities working to plan and meeting deadlines.
9. Willingness to learn and improve. Keeps current on technology through publications, self-education, and seminars on an ongoing basis.
10. Develop skills in analytical acumen: basic project management capabilities, team work, critical thinking, communication, continuous process improvement
11. Experience with IT Management Software & Monitoring Tools is preferred.
12. Experience with Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) tools is preferred
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Chris Douglas at Interactive Business Systems (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.