We have an immediate requirement for a Data Center Engineer with our client in Auburn Hills , MI.
The Data Center Engineer is responsible for implementing large scale projects that entails renovating multiple data centers throughout NAFTA. The Data Center Engineer will evaluate data center electrical systems, products, and components to understand where all risks are present. Once all risks are identified, create a multiple year project that entails mitigating electrical and mechanical risks to the data centers. The Data Center Engineer will be responsible for initial identification, project creation, project design, project budget, and project implementation. The Data Center Engineer must provide electrical, mechanical, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards for all corporate data centers. The job responsibilities encompass a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management: project planning, cost management, time management, quality and safety management, and contract administration. The Data Center Engineer must be able to manage multiple large scale projects that require communication across many different IT departments.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or IT required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in facilities infrastructure.
- Must understand As-Built drawings and electrical and mechanical operations of a Data Center.
- Knowledge of various data center technologies and a strong understanding of high-availability data centers.
- Understanding of network design principles.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in budget/finance experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in project management.
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints
- Master's degree
- PMP Certification
- Capable of leading design and planning sessions including leading the collection of business requirements, determining the scope of the project, and aligning business needs with the appropriate technology.
- Exceptional program/project management track record.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to grasp business goals, strategies, and challenges.
- Proven ability to multi-task is critical, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong conflict management skills.
- Carries out responsibilities in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, which start immediately upon hire.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 10 Paid Vacation Days annually
- Flexible spending
- Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance