- Manage power and cooling capacity and monitor environmental conditions within the DC or IDF’s. Management of internal and/or third party teams responsible for the support of critical mechanical, and electrical systems of the Data Centers and associated campus wide distribution hubs, IDF’s etc. Responsible for reporting of the core infrastructure facilities. To include remediation of exceptions found in the reports. Review results from preventive maintenance inspections and escalate to DCO Manager on major issues found, non-major issue should be resolved by this role
- Manage several Creative team projects at a time that are associated with the enhancement, upgrading or implementation of new or existing technology solutions and environments. Management of Infrastructure which includes but not limited to inspections of installations for compliance with design requirements; reviews of vendor and/or other teams working within DC or IDF’s for quality; and ensuring the environment meets or exceeds all industry standards that apply. Any findings out of scope the DCOS will be empowered to make decisions at the site and directing responsible party to address issue until it is within scope.
- Manage and oversee vendors or subs in completion of DCO assigned project sites. Manage the contracted vendor(s) on projects to ensure the work is being done according to spec and remediate issues as they arise. Management and assignment of vendors or in house tech team for assistance in the installation or troubleshooting of MEP or cabling matters. Be in the field as the SME enforcing the DCO standards and policies on a regular basis
- Manage the teams within infrastructure (network, telecom, storage, and system admin) on completion of installs, decommissions, and/or troubleshooting at the physical level (rack, power, patch, dress, label) of hardware in the DC or IDF’s by liaising as the SME to provide guidance on their project. Work with or independently of the DCO Manager, in a lead-capacity for installation and configuration of cabinets, cabinet components, access points, AP antennas, and other infrastructure hardware during construction; and the transition from construction to sustainable operations (can be in a DC, IDF, or other venue).
- Keeps DCO infrastructure management software up-to-date. Hands on install, troubleshooting or repair of the critical environments (includes all areas of DCO).
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
- Experience and knowledge of industry standards in telecom and structured cabling
- Experience in deployment of compute, storage and networking devices
- Experience and knowledge of MEP standards and operations as it pertains to critical environments
- Experience and knowledge of Mission Critical Data Center Facility maintenance
- Experience and knowledge of cable management and fiber distribution standards
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Professional Business communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Visio, etc..
- Understanding of Autodesk Navisworks, RevIT, Autocad is a plus
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
High school degree or GED is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
CET/CEM - preferred but not required.
- Over 5 years of experience with the following:
- Working in Data Center environments.
- Working with DCIM, reporting and capacity planning.
- Experience and knowledge of UPS, PDU, ATS, CRAH, CRAC, Generators and HVAC principles including chilled water systems.
- Planning and installation of data center racks, cable management, copper, and fiber optic cabling.
- Knowledge of infrastructure systems and equipment