Salary: $22 an hour.
Shift: Weekend 3rd shift Sat - Wednesday 8pm - 8am
Location: Portland, OR
Contract: 6 months
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Data Center Technician I:
- Register customers into the site security access control system
- Can also sign-in vendors and visitors to provide access to the facility and data hall.
- Provide Escort Services as needed.
- Performs Security and Facility Walkthroughs
- Generate, update, and resolve support tickets with direction from senior staff as needed.
- Properly receive and log items in and out of Shipping and Receiving.
- Support Service Order Installation and Network Circuit Troubleshooting.
- Perform installation, termination, testing and labeling of Cross Connects; including CAT5, COAX and Fiber.
- Perform Installation of Cage, Cabinets, Ladder Rack, and Fiber Tray.
- Operational experience with Security Systems, BMS, monitoring and performance.
- Familiarity with Basic Cable Testing including a Fluke meter.
- Perform Remote Hands services for Customers including; Hardware Installation, Power Strips, Rails, Cable Management and Customer Equipment troubleshooting/reboots.
- Timely Data Center infrastructure equipment alarm acknowledgement and response.
- Report status via ticketing system, shift reports and email.
- Available during unscheduled days or shift times for emergency coverage
- Exhibit quality workmanship for all tasks and maintain Data Center space cleanliness.
- Participate in Infrastructure MOP's and proper execution.
- In the event of Telecommunications or Network failure this position will assist Site Manager with investigation, resolution and closure of all troubles and publish findings in the appropriate format.
- Handles the expedient resolution of all high Severity Customer Service Requests and emergency escalations.
- Maintains accurate records and document all problems including; site computerized facility logs, support tickets, and service orders.
- Must be flexible to work shifts.
- Ability to work independently, adjust priorities and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent written and spoken interpersonal communication skills.
Qualifications for the Data Center Technician I:
- Desktop Support Experience
- 1+ years hands on IT Technician or Data Center Tech experience with extensive Cross Connect, Cage, Cabinet, and Ladder Rack Fiber Tray Circuit Installation.
- Basic Understanding of Power, UPS, Generator, HVAC, Fire Detection/ Suppression, Local Security and Monitoring systems.
- Basic understanding of Data Center electrical power generation and distribution, mechanical support equipment.
- Knowledgeable and capable with Security Access Control System and NOC monitoring Applications.
Match a Job
Add in JobDiva Match Back Close
Saving Record to JobDiva...